Week Three: January 30, 2022 – February 5, 2022
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: Share what you do for meal prep or experiment with meal prep for the first time.
Instead of running out for fast food, you’ll have a healthy plan! When do you prepare meals—and do you prepare enough so you have leftovers for another day? How do you fit shopping and cooking into a busy schedule? What do you make and how do you transport it?
Remember the simple formula for the healthy plate (T plate method):
- About half a plate of veggies (smart carbohydrates)
- About a quarter plate of protein
- About a quarter plate of starchy carbohydrates (rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes)
- Eat more of these: Meat and veggies, smart carbohydrates (veggies!), healthy fats.
- Eat less of these: Sugar, processed food, starchy carbohydrates (white potatoes, pasta, enriched breads).
TIP OF THE WEEK:
The Five-Minute Habit: Create a healthy habit that takes less than five minutes to perform and do it every single day for the remainder of our challenge. Small, simple wins over time lead to big successes!
- Get up from your desk every hour for a stretch break.
- Take a multivitamin.
- Drink a glass of water at every meal.
- Park in the corner of the parking lot that’s farthest from the entrance.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Include vegetables at every meal, and aim for 1-2 cups.