Week Two: January 23, 2022 – January 29, 2022
Evaluate and adjust mindless eating triggers.
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: Do you snack mindfully and with healthy intent or do you have automatic habits we can review and adjust? Share your healthy snack ideas or post questions on snacking.
To help you think of ideas, ask yourself the following questions:
- How do you control cravings?
- How do you plan snacks at any time of the day?
- Is there anything you always reach for but might not need—like a few cookies every day at coffee time?
- What are some alternatives you can choose to reduce added sugar, salt and fat?
- How do you feel when you choose more nutritious options?
TIP OF THE WEEK: Reduce added sugar intake. Spot the added sugars in your food and make a switch. Aim to include only naturally occurring sugars.